Who is eligible for a scholarship?
All teachers, directors, assistants, on-site owners, and family group or home child care staff who:
- Have a desire to earn college credit towards a national Child Development Associate Credential (CDA), an Associate degree (AA/AAS/AAT) or a Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in early childhood care & education
- Work directly with the children 0 to 5 years old daily in a licensed child care program
- Are 18 years of age or older and have a GED or high school diploma
- Work directly with children at least 30 hours a week in a child care program
- Make under $15.00/hr as a teacher or assistant and $16.50/hr as a director or owner
- Be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Eligibility is contingent upon your sponsoring employer’s participation. The scholarship is a partnership between the recipient, sponsoring employer and T.E.A.C.H. MISSOURI. Each partner has designated financial and service responsibilities.
- Owners of family child care homes and centers act as their own sponsors.
- T.E.A.C.H. MISSOURI operates a continuous waiting list. To be placed on the waiting list, you must complete the application packet, accessed online at www.teach-missouri.org, and send (fax, email or postage paid mail) it to the T.E.A.C.H. MISSOURI office. All complete application packets will be added to the waiting list.
- Potential scholarship recipients on the waiting list are called a month and a half prior to the start of each semester. Scholarships are awarded based on funding availability. Those on the waiting list who do not receive a scholarship in the given semester are kept on the list for 12 months.
- If you have applied more than 12 months ago, you need to complete and submit a new application.