NOTE: Scholarship applications for the 2nd term of Spring 2021 semester are being accepted through March 31, 2021.
New scholarship applications for Summer 2021 are being accepted through May 31, 2021.
Get your completed application in TODAY!
We are excited to announce our CDA Scholarship Model! If you want to earn your CDA while earning college credit hours in early childhood education too, this scholarship is for you. Accepting scholarship applications NOW! Learn more.
The T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Missouri Scholarship (Teacher Education And Compensation Helps) is a scholarship and compensation opportunity for educators in licensed child care programs – center, group and family. T.EA.C.H. MISSOURI is part of a nationwide effort to the increase quality of care in child care programs through increased education. Missouri is one of 21 states offering this very successful program.
The four components of the T.E.A.C.H. MISSOURI program are:
- Scholarship – A contract between the recipient, sponsor and T.E.A.C.H. MISSOURI with a paid percentage of the cost of tuition and books from each.
- Education – Contract year covers 9-15 credit hours over three consecutive semesters.
- Compensation – Recipients receive a $450 bonus from T.E.A.C.H. MISSOURI for each completed contract. Several scholarship models include a possible $200 bonus match or a 2% raise from the sponsoring employer.
- Commitment – Recipients agree to complete 6 to 12 months of continued service to children at their sponsoring program or in the field of child care after the educational year (varies by scholarship model).
The Goals of the T.E.A.C.H. MISSOURI Scholarship:
- To improve the quality of early childhood care and education BY
- Increasing the education level of early childhood educators AND
- Increasing the compensation for early childhood providers THEREBY
- Increasing the retention rate of early childhood teachers THUS
- Improving the quality and continuity of care provided for our children and their families AND
- Creating a model of partnership in Missouri early childhood programs.