Who is eligible for a scholarship?
All teachers, directors, assistants, on-site owners, and family group or home child care staff who:
- Have a desire to earn college credit towards a national Child Development Associate Credential (CDA), an Associate degree (AA/AAS/AAT) or a Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in early childhood care & education
- Work directly with the children 0 to 5 years old daily in a licensed or license-exempt child care program
- Are 18 years of age or older and have a GED or high school diploma
- Work directly with children at least 30 hours a week in a child care program
- Make under $20.00/hr as a teacher or assistant and $25.00/hr as a director or owner
- Be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Eligibility is contingent upon your sponsoring employer’s participation. The scholarship is a partnership between the recipient, sponsoring employer and T.E.A.C.H. MISSOURI. Each partner has designated financial and service responsibilities.
- Owners of family child care homes and centers act as their own sponsors.
- T.E.A.C.H. MISSOURI operates a continuous waiting list. To be placed on the waiting list, you must complete the application packet, accessed online and send (fax, email or postage paid mail) it to the T.E.A.C.H. MISSOURI office. All complete application packets will be added to the waiting list.
- Potential scholarship recipients on the waiting list are called a month and a half prior to the start of each semester. Scholarships are awarded based on funding availability. Those on the waiting list who do not receive a scholarship in the given semester are kept on the list for 12 months.
- If you have applied more than 12 months ago, you need to complete and submit a new application.