➜ The eligibility for the T.E.A.C.H. MISSOURI CDA Scholarship has added requirements.
All participants must meet these eligibility requirements:
- Work in a licensed child care program in Missouri.
- Work in a child care program that is registered to accept child care subsidy.
- Work directly with children birth-5 years old.
- Work at least 25 hours/week.
- Worked at the child care program for at least 3 consecutive months.
- Make less than $15/hr as an educator or $16.50/hr as a director or owner.
- Want to earn a CDA in an infant/toddler, preschool or family child care setting.
⇾ Once awarded a CDA Scholarship, you will:
- Be assigned a T.E.A.C.H. MISSOURI CDA Scholarship Counselor who will assist you through the entire CDA process.
- Enroll in the Missouri community college of your choice and earn 9 to 12 early childhood college credit hours within 3 consecutive semesters and successfully pass all classes.
- Pay only 5% of your tuition and books, e.g. for a $300 class, your 5% portion would be only $15! Your sponsoring employer pays only 5% too!
- Commit to stay at your sponsoring child care program for 6 months after the three semesters.
⇾ T.E.A.C.H. MISSOURI will:
- Pay 90% of the tuition and books for your 9-12 early childhood college credit hours.
- Pay 100% of your college fees (ask us for more information about qualifying fees).
- Pay you $380 (in two installments of $190) after you complete three semesters and 6 months commitment time to your child care program.
⇾ After earning your college credit hours, you will enroll in the Child Care Aware® of Missouri CDA Scholarship Project where your T.E.A.C.H. MISSOURI CDA Scholarship Counselor will continue to assist you as you complete the CDA process toward your credential.
⇾ The CDA Scholarship Project will:
- Convert your college credit hours to clock hours for CDA submission.
- Make available weekly webinars to assist as you create your CDA Portfolio.
- Pay your $425 CDA application fee.
- Walk you through the Verification Visit and CDA testing.
- Once you earn your CDA, reimburse you, and your sponsoring employer, the 5% you paid toward college tuition and books.
- If you are interested in continuing your college education, you can apply for a T.E.A.C.H. MISSOURI associate degree scholarship next!
Courses for this model will only be approved at a Missouri 2-year college found in the College Directory.
If this is the right option for you, please use the links below to access the appropriate application materials. You MUST complete all the pages in each packet.